Bullying

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bullying

Post  Admin on Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:47 pm

Bullying is a form of abuse. It comprises repeated acts over time that involves a real or perceived imbalance of power with the more powerful individual or group abusing those who are less powerful. The power imbalance may be social power and/or physical power. The victim of bullying is sometimes referred to as a target.

Bullying consists of three basic types of abuse - emotional, verbal and physical. It typically involves subtle methods of coercion such as psychological manipulation. Bullying can be defined in many different ways. Although the UK currently has no legal definition of bullying, some US states have laws against it.

If you are able to share your experience or views re this issue, please let us hear from you.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://eow-forum.narutorpg.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Bullying

Post  lubna on Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:38 pm

Bullying is equally a big problem within the workplace and higher education institutes, as it is within schools . I think there should be more anti-bullying workshops throughout workplaces and schools in order to tackle the problem. Inicidently I feel alot of teachers bully their students and this is often overlooked. Unfortunately the language of the world is money and I think if anti-bullying organisations could emphasis how bullying effects companies from a cost perspective i.e. employees taking more days off sick or working less effectively we might be able to get somewhere. Through my experiences as a student and as a teacher I have found bullying is simply not dealt with effectively for various reasons such as, staff members may not having the right form of training to deal with bullying, also it maybe difficult to confront the bully especially if he is a colleague or in a superior position. I feel the root cause of this problem is the decline of morals and community spirit which has been lost in recent times.

lubna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Bullying at workplace!

Post  Lone on Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:17 pm

I agree with you Lubna. There should be anti-bullying workshops and also there is a big need to raise an awareness regarding this issue. I have recently come across a case which was a result of bullying at work. At the end the young lady lose her self-confidence, believing that she wasn't good enough!

Lone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

BULLING!

Post  showdow on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:09 pm

afro I think bulling is abousltly EVIL No
PLEASE TELL ME IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM I WOULD KNOW WHAT TO DO
Stand up and BANG the bullying is gone.!

THANK YOU
afro
SH.S
showdow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Why is Bullying still a huge problem!!

Post  sapeo on Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:04 pm

I always hear that people are trying their best to stop bullying with all their effort...so.. Why is bullying such a big problem still? It's because the lack of response!!! In my opinion people are not taking enough action to prevent this. Okay lets think bullying at a childs perspective which is probably the most known type of bullying, a child would be bullied for several of reasons:

- Their height
- Their gender
- Their religion, race or wealth (class) ect.

The victims would suffer severley because of bullying, this will lead to the victim to run away, to be scared of going to school, grades failing and at worse cases, even suicide!!

Lets talk about how you can act upon bullying.
A victim can respond to bullying in three different ways:

Passive behaviour

If you act passively when you are bullied, than you don't express you needs, opinions and feelings.
You would take blame to something that isn't your fault, and you wouldn't stand up for yourself
and your rights. It is basicly a typical response that most people would have and is probably
the worst way to act.

Aggressive behaviour

To act aggressively is being careless about anyones feelings but yourself. You would not
respect the rights of others. You would avoid discomfort even to risk conflict and you feel
that others don't have rights to ask you what they want. Some people would respond in this way,
but unlike passive behaviour, it is a clear message that you are being bullied.

Assertive behaviour

To be assertive is to respect the needs, opinions and feelings of both your own and the
people around you. You would apologise to anything that you do wrong, however you
would allow others to take responsibility for their own actions aswell. You would feel
comfortable to say what you need and want, also you would deal with conflicts in a
healthy manner. This is certainly the best responsive behaviour to have when you are
being bullied, you clearly would know what to do and who to consult about your troubles
to.

Here is an easier way to understand passive, agressive and assertive behaviour:

1. Someone whose rights are consistently violated is passive
2. Someone who consistently violates the rights of others is aggressive.
3. To be assertive is to maintain the rights of both parties whenever possible

Unfortunetely, I did not have time to explain bullying in a adults point of view, but I would imagine it being quite similar to childs perspective.
I have hopes to have enough time to explain this situation thoroughly, especially since I haven't discussed about bullying in a adults viewpoint.

I hope this has help you to act better to bullying, if you see anyone else getting bullied then don't just do nothing about it, act now!!!
I'm sure you would be seeking for help if you are in this type of situation....
So I hope we have learned something out of this and remember:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of sister/brotherhood.

I hope that you all would respond to this message, I would love to see all your opinions!!!

sapeo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bullying

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top